Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Grandma


This is my grandma isn't she pretty. I just lover her to death. I spent a lot and I mean a lot of time at my grandmas. She always had fun stuff and not so fun stuff to do. The fun things were watching old movies, making and painting rock people, coloring, showing us some special things and telling us stories about her or us or ancestors, eating chocolates and other homemade goodies, watching her whip out an amazing cake for someone birthday, picnics on the noel or just a walk, blankets she sewed for us. Needless to say my grandma is amazing. I have truly been blessed to be her granddaughter. Oh and the not so fun things where picking up pine cones and pulling weeds in her amazing backyard. But we did get a penny a pine cone and weed. So then we would walk through the pasture to my great grandmas and stop and say hi and see if she needed anything at the store. Then we would walk to the store and get ice cream with the money we made. And some carmel that my great grandma made. I love my childhood. And I love you grandma. You are one women I hope to be like someday. The other people in the picture are left my sister Paige and grandma Clawson and Jessica my cusin.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Tairah what a great post. I hope she sees it. I might just call her to tell. She is quite the blogger. When we were in Hawaii with grandpa and her she was a blogging fool. She has a private family blog with her brothers and sisters that she checks all the time. What a great tribute to Granny Clawson!! We miss you!!! Love Lisa

Eileen said...

Tairah...This is yer Gram......You are such a sweetie to share all your memories. I'm so glad you remember so many happy times. I remember that great huge tall gingerbread house we made and decorated....I love you soooo much. Thanks to Lisa for telling me about this post that talks about me, I wouldn't have missed it for the world! Love ya tons...Gram Clawson